[asterisk-users] SER, OpenSER, Kamailio, OpenSIPS -- what are you using?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Dec 12 20:36:26 CST 2008

At this point, it's six one, half dozen the other, although that may
change with time.  Kamailio and SER appear to be joining forces.  But
it's mostly a matter of your affinity with the community and the various
political forces and personalities at this point.

I personally am sticking with the Kamailio camp because I think they are
doing a better job of creating a stable business environment around the
project and doing things that are important to big-name adopters who are
far more concerned about having something they can lean on than about
coding, coding and coding.

On the other hand, the OpenSIPS camp has proposed some very radical and
potentially beneficial architectural changes if they are actually
carried through.

Still, at this point in time, six one & half-dozen the other, especially
if you're talking about the core and stateful ("tm" module)
functionality needed for things that fall under the rubric of
"front-ending Asterisk."