[asterisk-users] We think we are cpe but they think they are cpe too

David fire ddfire at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:25:06 CST 2008

hi
the line "We think we are cpe but they think they are cpe too"
means in the mmm /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf or in
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf you told the the card act as cpe but in a
conection mst be one cpe and one net if both are net or you make a loopback
you will have that.

and the colores are the same at least if the distance is short.

if a package is esential it will not compile.

David

2008/12/5 Uros Djokic <uros.djokic at gmail.com>

> Thanks for reply. I think I already made a crossover cable :
> pins 1,2,4,5 and 4,5,1,2 and I still see red light on modem.
>
> pin 1 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 4 in rj45-2 (orange with white
> stripe)
> pin 2 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 5 in rj45-2 (solid orange)
> pin 4 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 1 in rj45-2 (solid blue)
> pin 5 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 2 in rj45-2 (blue with white stripe)
>
> Does color of wires matter ?
>
> I showed a cable to telco workers when they mount isn pri modem and they
> said
> its ok. I dunno what is the problem. When I put loopback in modem's port
> I still see red lights on rx. I know alarm should fall on their side and I
> need to
> see no red lights right ?
>
> Can you tell me is libtermcap package essential for compiling libpri or
> zaptel ?
> I installed all packages except that because there is no such package on
> Ubuntu 8.04.
> Maybe libpri or zaptel did not compile ok because they could not find
> libtermcap ?
> I din't see any error massages and both said compiled and installed
> succesfuly.
>
> Maybe those lazy telco workers even did not activate number who knows
> everything
> is possible.
>
> Thank you again
> Uros
> --
> Use Free Software http://www.fsf.org/
> Four essential software freedoms:
> 1) To study source code
> 2) To copy program
> 3) To modify source code
> 4) To redistribute modified program under condition that new user has all 4
> freedoms.
> Richard M. Stallman

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.