[asterisk-users] We think we are cpe but they think they are cpe too

Uros Djokic uros.djokic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:14:17 CST 2008

Thanks for reply. I think I already made a crossover cable :
pins 1,2,4,5 and 4,5,1,2 and I still see red light on modem.

pin 1 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 4 in rj45-2 (orange with white
stripe)
pin 2 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 5 in rj45-2 (solid orange)
pin 4 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 1 in rj45-2 (solid blue)
pin 5 is in rj45-1 and is going to pin 2 in rj45-2 (blue with white stripe)

Does color of wires matter ?

I showed a cable to telco workers when they mount isn pri modem and they
said
its ok. I dunno what is the problem. When I put loopback in modem's port
I still see red lights on rx. I know alarm should fall on their side and I
need to
see no red lights right ?

Can you tell me is libtermcap package essential for compiling libpri or
zaptel ?
I installed all packages except that because there is no such package on
Ubuntu 8.04.
Maybe libpri or zaptel did not compile ok because they could not find
libtermcap ?
I din't see any error massages and both said compiled and installed
succesfuly.

Maybe those lazy telco workers even did not activate number who knows
everything
is possible.

Thank you again
Uros