[asterisk-users] How to get both channel ids from diaplan ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Dec 2 05:10:25 CST 2008

Hi,

I think this have been talked over several times but I couldn't find any
answer.
Sorry for asking.

I want from dialplan, to transfer a callee to a context-extension-priority
that would play a given fax file to callee (callee is supposed to be a fax
number).

I can get caller's channel id (with built-in CHANNEL variable).
I found BRIDGEPEER but its value remains unset (see bellow) even inside
connect2fax routine (in which I would like to re-direct both channels :
incoming channel to let caller hear "you successfully sent a fax" and
outgoing channel to get fax content) :

context mylocal {
        _2X. => {
                NoOp(Calling ${EXTEN:1} from ${CALLERID(num)} using
${CHANNEL});
                NoOp(Peer is ${BRIDGEPEER});

Dial(Local/${EXTEN:1},,U(connect2fax,${EXTEN},${UNIQUEID},${BRIDGEPEER}));
                Hangup();
        };
};

Any idea ?