[asterisk-users] Is using dahdi_genconf_parameters recommended to configure dahdi ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:12:31 CST 2008

Hi,

I've just discovered that dahdi_genconf could create configuration files
reading a single genconf_parameter file.

1. Is using dahdi_genconf recommended to configure dahdi or is it a helpful
tool for specific devices or installation processes ?

2. If not, is there a custom mecanism that would prevent hand-edited files
to be written over by dahdi_genconf (you can obviously remove execution
rights to dahdi_genconf but is there something better) ?
If yes, is it normal that /etc/dahdi wouldn't contain any example of
genconf_parameter file (in my setup, I could find one in
/usr/src/dahdi/tools/xpp/ but none in /etc/dahdi) or did I miss a step when
I installed dahdi or asterisk ?

Regards