[asterisk-users] Typo in dahdi_genconf man page

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Dec 1 03:16:18 CST 2008

2008/12/1 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>

> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 08:39:53AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When typing "man dahdi_genconf", you can read :
> > This script generate configuration files for Dahdi hardware.  Currently
> it
> > can generate three files: dahdi, chan_dahdi, users and chan_dahdi_full
> >

> > where it say :
> > This script generate configuration files for Dahdi hardware.  Currently
> it
> > can generate four files: dahdi, chan_dahdi, users and chan_dahdi_full
> >
> > I'm using latest dahdi version.
> > Should this be reported in Mantis ?
>
> Generally, yes (under dahdi-tools). However, thanks for the note. I'll
> fix that.

Fine.

While at it, "man dahdi_genconf" says :
 "Currently it can generate three files: dahdi, chan_dahdi, users and
chan_dahdi_full
       (see below).  Without arguments, it generates only dahdi and
chan_dahdi.

       dahdi - /etc/dahdi/system.conf
           Configuration for dahdi_cfg(1). It's location may be overriden by
the environment variable DAHDI_CONF_FILE.

       chan_dahdi - /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf
           Configuration for asterisk(1). It should be included in the main
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.  It's location may be overriden by the
           environment variable CHAN_DAHDI_CHANNELS_FILE.

       users - /etc/asterisk/users.conf
           Configuration for asterisk(1) and AsteriskGUI.  It's location may
be overriden by the environment variable USERS_FILE.

       chan_dahdi_full - /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
           Configuration for asterisk(1) and AsteriskGUI.  It's location may
be overriden by the environment variable CHAN_DAHDI_CONF_FILE.

What if "it can generate three files: dahdi, chan_dahdi, users and
chan_dahdi_full" was replaced by "it can generate four files: system.conf,
dahdi-channels.conf, users.conf and chan_dahdi.conf" ?

Cheers