[asterisk-users] Reliable wireless SIP phones

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Aug 29 07:48:21 CDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Michael Graves wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:40:18 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson wrote:
>
>> One feature I hope they add is a way to use a different outgoung accout on
>> a handset - right now, it's a very fiddly process to change outgoing
>> accounts involving entering the PIN!
>
> I have a little video of the process of changing the active voip
> account for outbound dialing. I just posted it to my blog this morning.
> http://blog.mgraves.org.

Yup. That's the way to do it. 9 button presses before you get to select.

So.. Try getting a "mom & pop" accountancy company to go through having to
push 9 key-preses before they get to select the account they want to use
for outgoing calls (business or home on their case) THEN remembering to
switch it back again. (Their response was "Fuck that, can't you make it
easier?")

Bzzt. So Sorry Mr. Snom. Does not compute is my answer to that.

(so since they still liked the Snoms otherwise, my solution is to get them
to dial a star at the end of a number to select their 'home' account,
otherwise it goes out on their work account and the dialplan fixes it up)

Gordon