[asterisk-users] Reliable wireless SIP phones

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Fri Aug 29 09:56:36 CDT 2008

> So.. Try getting a "mom & pop" accountancy company to go through having
> push 9 key-preses before they get to select the account they want to use
> for outgoing calls (business or home on their case) THEN remembering to
> switch it back again. (Their response was "Fuck that, can't you make it
> easier?")

LOL to your customer response :-)

Sometimes I wonder:  Do the people who design these things actually use
telephones?

Hopefully a hardware makers will use Astricon 2008 to announce some new
wireless endpoints.  There are some really nice SIP-DECT offerings out
there now, but I think they're quite spendy, even for coorporate
budgets.  You'd really have to have a very specific vertical wireless
application to get an decent ROI on that kind of cash outlay.

-Karl