[asterisk-users] Reliable wireless SIP phones

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Fri Aug 29 06:34:02 CDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:40:18 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson wrote:

>One feature I hope they add is a way to use a different outgoung accout on
>a handset - right now, it's a very fiddly process to change outgoing
>accounts involving entering the PIN!

I have a little video of the process of changing the active voip
account for outbound dialing. I just posted it to my blog this morning.
http://blog.mgraves.org.

>If only it were like the Siemens where you dial, push green and hold, then
>select...
>
>And I am finding them a bit "plasticy" compared to the Siemens units.
>(Which is bizarre as their desk phones feel much more robust!)
>
>Proprietary batteries too. (Siemens use AAA's)
>
>Ah well - if that's what the customer wants then that's what they'll
>get...

Yeah, but the m3 doesn't have any of the keyboard lag that the Siemens
phones suffer. When entering a number of the S685IP the phone seems
very slow to acknowledge each keypress.

My only gipe is that lack of an uploadable contact list, which I'm told
will be in the firmware update planned in September.

Michael
--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com