[asterisk-users] Reliable wireless SIP phones

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Fri Aug 29 07:18:17 CDT 2008

> I've had essentially no problems with my snom m3s. Someone from snom
> has been in touch to confirm that they are now putting more effort into
> the firmware for this phone. There are a few new features that I'd like
> to see that are already in their plans.

When I saw & held this phone at Astricon 2007, I was impressed with the
price/value ratio, but I was frankly a bit turned off by how 'creaky' it
felt.  If I held it between my ear and shoulder I'd hear the dreaded
chintzy plastic creaking sound.  I think the one I saw may have been a
pre-production prototype.  Does your Snom M3 have a cheap plastic creaky
build?  Does it feel 'chintzy' to you?

-Karl