[asterisk-users] Reliable wireless SIP phones

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Aug 29 01:40:18 CDT 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Michael Graves wrote:

> I've had essentially no problems with my snom m3s. Someone from snom
> has been in touch to confirm that they are now putting more effort into
> the firmware for this phone. There are a few new features that I'd like
> to see that are already in their plans.

One feature I hope they add is a way to use a different outgoung accout on
a handset - right now, it's a very fiddly process to change outgoing
accounts involving entering the PIN!

If only it were like the Siemens where you dial, push green and hold, then
select...

And I am finding them a bit "plasticy" compared to the Siemens units.
(Which is bizarre as their desk phones feel much more robust!)

Proprietary batteries too. (Siemens use AAA's)

Ah well - if that's what the customer wants then that's what they'll
get...

Gordon