[asterisk-users] can not load chan_dahdi.so from asterisk!

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Aug 28 09:58:54 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 08:24:58AM -0500, David A. Bandel wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:01 PM, lizhong zhu <zhulizhongum at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> > hello, all of users:
> > i have a problem with loading chan_dahdi.so. when i start asterisk, it
> > always reports the can not open channel 1 in ...
> > here is my setting: in etc/system/dahdi.conf:
> > # Global data
> > fxsks=1
> > fxsks=2
> > fxoks=3
> > fxoks=4
> > loadzone        = us
> > defaultzone     = us
>
> Tzafrir answered most of this.
>
> You will also need to modprobe one of the echo cancellers (unless you
> don't need one) and have a line like:
> echo_canceller=mg2,1-4

echo cancellers are loaded if needed by dahdi when you use the echo_canceller
keyword (just like dynamic span modules are loaded if needed when you
use the keyowrd "dynamic").

> echo cancellers look like this: dahdi_echocan_mg2
>
> if you want different echo cancellers for each line, you can do that as well:
> echo_canceller=mg2,1
> echo_canceller=none,2

"none" is not an echo canceller. "none" is something you tell
dahdi_genconf to prevent it from generating the echo_canceller stanzas
(if you actually use it).

> Without the echo cancellers, dahdi_cfg won't configure the lines.

That should not be the case. And I have used it without echo_canceller
(before adding that keyword to dahdi_genconf :-) )

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com