[asterisk-users] can not load chan_dahdi.so from asterisk!

David A. Bandel david.bandel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:24:58 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:01 PM, lizhong zhu <zhulizhongum at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> hello, all of users:
> i have a problem with loading chan_dahdi.so. when i start asterisk, it
> always reports the can not open channel 1 in ...
> here is my setting: in etc/system/dahdi.conf:
> # Global data
> fxsks=1
> fxsks=2
> fxoks=3
> fxoks=4
> loadzone        = us
> defaultzone     = us

Tzafrir answered most of this.

You will also need to modprobe one of the echo cancellers (unless you
don't need one) and have a line like:
echo_canceller=mg2,1-4

echo cancellers look like this: dahdi_echocan_mg2

if you want different echo cancellers for each line, you can do that as well:
echo_canceller=mg2,1
echo_canceller=none,2

Without the echo cancellers, dahdi_cfg won't configure the lines.  At
least, that's how it's been working (or not) for me in /trunk

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
 - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto