[asterisk-users] te410p remains in red-alarm

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Tue Aug 26 10:49:40 CDT 2008

I have a TE410P in a Dell 2650 running in production on an older redhat
distribution. The various packages have gotten old and I can no longer
been able to build asterisk on this machine. I have prepaired another
2650 running SUSE Enterprise 10.1 sp2 (my workplace standard) to replace
it with.

When I swap in the card in my new machine Asterisk starts without error,
however the spans remain in red alarm and will pass no calls. Ztcfg
indicates the correct signalling... being found for the zap channels.

On the SUSE box with the wct4xxp module loaded (and the card NOT
installed) loads the following:

lsmod

wct4xxp               411904  0
firmware_class         25984  1 wct4xxp
zaptel                203140  1 wct4xxp
crc_ccitt              18432  1 zaptel

I am suspecting that echo cancelling firmware is being loaded (I don't
have an echo cancellation module installed on the TE410P) and I'm not
sure if any firmware should be loaded for the te410p – or how to tell if
it is or if I can prevent it from being loaded.

Lsmod on the working redhat box is simply,

wct4xxp                89472  96
zaptel                184224 240  [wct4xxp]

I have also attempted to do a make distclean and make menuselect with &
without
              [*] 1.  FIRMWARE-OCT6114-064
              [*] 2.  FIRMWARE-OCT6114-128
...but perhaps part is not being cleaned out. Or is this firmware
required for this card (and not the echo cancellation) with the current
module?

Thanks,

John