[asterisk-users] MWI working perfectly. Shouldn't it be broken??

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Sun Aug 24 11:29:38 CDT 2008

I have a Sipura 962 endpoint on Asterisk 1.4 where the MWI works
perfectly, however my theory is that it should be broken.

Obviously I'm wrong but "Sip show subscriptions" does not show the
endpoint subscribing to the MWI status on Asterisk, even though all of
the other endpoints on the system DO subscribe for their respective
mailboxes, including SNOM & Polycom endpoints.

I'm confused.  Isn't MWI subscription the method by which the device is
setting its MWI?  I know that Asterisk 1.6 is moving toward an
event-driven model, but I'm running 1.4.21.1, so why is this working?  I
know that some smart cookie on this list will know the answer, but
unfortunately I am not said cookie.

FYI, it's not an issue of the subscription not YET subscribing etc.  If
I were to restart the system and endpoints, all the subs slowly show up
one by one, but the 962 never does -- even after days, weeks, and
months.  Yet the MWI always works perfectly from the get-go.

Thanks!

-Karl