[asterisk-users] MWI working perfectly. Shouldn't it be broken??

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Aug 24 11:50:19 CDT 2008

On Aug 24, 2008, at 11:29 AM, Karl Fife wrote:
> FYI, it's not an issue of the subscription not YET subscribing etc.
> If
> I were to restart the system and endpoints, all the subs slowly show
> up
> one by one, but the 962 never does -- even after days, weeks, and
> months.  Yet the MWI always works perfectly from the get-go.

Asterisk will send the NOTIFY for MWI even if the device doesn't
subscribe, unless you tell it not to.  This is necessary for some
phones for MWI to work.  If you _don't_ want Asterisk to do this, you
can set the "subscribemwi=yes" option in sip.conf.  This tells
Asterisk to _only_ send MWI with an associated subscription.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer