[asterisk-users] Asterisk - forcing PSTN Line "ON" Hook

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 11:13:18 CDT 2008

Is there a way to force "PSTN" line on ATA (Linksys / Sipura) to go "ON" hood via dial plan?

I have two Linksys units one connected to old POTS line and one connected via Shaw Digital Phone.
The one connected to Shaw Digital Phone the PSTN Line fails to go ON Hook at the end of the conversation.

I know the caller (PSTN caller or VoIP caller), if the call is not a ring-thru-Line-1 or forwarded call can enter **# to force the SPA to take the FXO port
on-hook to disconnect the PSTN line.
But I'm the receiver of the call.

The problem is that if the PSTN line fails to disconnect the call goes to Voice mail.
Standard POTS line works perfectly the PSTN Line goes ON Hook every time at the end of the call but not the Shaw Digital Phone

--
#Joseph
GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7