[asterisk-users] entering a password to have access to a sip account?!

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 11:14:28 CDT 2008

Hello Roland,

You can use the cmd Read for this.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Read

Pretty straight forward. Whenever you need to accept DTMF input from the user collect the required digits using Read; check the collected digits; if yes jump to required extension; else reject user or whatever you want to do.

I could've written out the dialplan, but well... you are a newbie you said, so you gotta learn ;-) .

Hope this helps.

- Ben.