[asterisk-users] Suddenly the voice become like robot (cutting), like sick man

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 04:14:29 CDT 2008

Dear Darren;

You might be right because one day it happened with me and the situation was same like this as following:

The status that the ping result is very good for all partied (Asterisk machine, IP Phones on the Internet), and no problem in the processor utilization or RAM or hard disk space.

Previously, we changed the DSL router and it worked fine !!

But what can I do on the Asterisk level to overcome the problem?

I already enabled the jitter on the IAX and SIP, but did not resolved. And I am using the G729 codec and sometimes I use GSM.

Any advise for the robot voice with weak battery :) ?!

Regards
Bilal