[asterisk-users] Suddenly the voice become like robot (cutting), like sick man

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Aug 22 08:18:07 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:14 AM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Darren;
>
> You might be right because one day it happened with me and the situation was same like this as following:
>
> The status that the ping result is very good for all partied (Asterisk machine, IP Phones on the Internet), and no problem in the processor utilization or RAM or hard disk space.
>
> Previously, we changed the DSL router and it worked fine !!
>
> But what can I do on the Asterisk level to overcome the problem?
>
> I already enabled the jitter on the IAX and SIP, but did not resolved. And I am using the G729 codec and sometimes I use GSM.
>

> Any advise for the robot voice with weak battery :) ?!
>
> Regards
> Bilal

Try getting rid of IAX2 and use all SIP.  This has fixed the issue you
describe more than once in my experience.

There are obviously many other things that can cause this, but IAX2 is
the first to go when I am troubleshooting and there is no glaring
reason why.

You can usually setup OpenVPN for ease, or port forwarding to get
around NAT issues.

Give it a go, and let us know.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro