[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 T38 UDPTL Pass Through MAX TNT and Linksys 2102

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 20:46:07 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I finally got the time to test t38 pass through with a TNT, * 1.4.21.1 and
Linksys 2102:

PRI> <TNT> <SIP> <Asterisk> <2102> <SharpFax

Faxing either direction, the call sets up with ulaw rtp, when fax tones hit
the line, both the TNT and the 2102 switch to t38 and udptl packets fly
through Asterisk.  All looks good, but, once udptl sets up, every few
seconds, I get a warning: 'rtp Read too short' on the Asterisk CLI from the
TNT side of the session.  Faxes never complete, not even a half page,
nothing, transmission just ends.

There are only a few parameters on the TNT that effect t38 and I've adjusted
them all with no change in the results.

Pretty much the same results when testing t38 pass through to a Cisco pri
gateway as well.

So my question is: Does anyone else have this solution working and wouldn't
not mind sharing configs?

Thanks.

JR