[asterisk-users] Callwaiting and CallerID on ZAP PSTN Line

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Wed Aug 13 18:48:10 CDT 2008

I have a standard analog POTS service attached to a TDM401 card.

My zapata.conf for this line has:

; PSTN connected here
;immediate=no
;busydetect=yes
;busycount=8
;musiconhold=default
mailbox=100
mwimonitor=fsk
mwilevel=512
mwimonitornotify=/usr/local/sbin/zapnotify.sh
faxdetect=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
context=incoming
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
channel => 4

When I'm on the phone and another call comes in, I hear the callwaiting
tone.  However, Asterisk doesn't appear to give me any CallerID
information for the other call.  Is there some way I can gain access to
the CallerID info on the other call?  I assume there is some
extensions.conf magic required?  An old CallerID box can do this, so I
would expect Asterisk to be able to do this too.

Any advice appreciated.

Best,

Jim