[asterisk-users] BLF functionality

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Aug 13 02:11:00 CDT 2008

13 aug 2008 kl. 00.45 skrev Dan Peters:

> We have had Asterisk up and running for a while now and it works
> very well.  Recently we tried to integrate a Linsys SPA962 with the
> associated SPA932 console.  We can get the BLF lights to blink when
> a phone is ringing and we can get the BLF lights to go solid when
> that call is picked up.  My question is about the BLF for the phone
> that placed the call.  Is the BLF supposed to light up when the
> handset is picked up and a dial tone is heard?  Right now that is
> not happening.  The BLF lights only seem to operate for phones that
> are RECEIVING calls and not MAKING them.

It all depends on the version of Asterisk you are using. In Asterisk
1.4, there's an option called "limitonpeers" that will
make sure that both incoming and outgoing calls are accounted for.

The subscription only checks the peer part of a SIP type=friend. With
limitonpeers set, Asterisk only uses the peer
call counter for both incoming and outgoing calls.

In Asterisk 1.6.0 beta, there's an additional setting for setting a
busy level, allowing for a few more calls while still
busy - in order to allow call transfers while on the phone.

In Asterisk SVN trunk the user object is removed and the problem
doesn't exist any more.

/O