[asterisk-users] BLF functionality

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Wed Aug 13 08:36:35 CDT 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 13 aug 2008 kl. 00.45 skrev Dan Peters:
>
>> We have had Asterisk up and running for a while now and it works very
>> well.  Recently we tried to integrate a Linsys SPA962 with the
>> associated SPA932 console.  We can get the BLF lights to blink when a
>> phone is ringing and we can get the BLF lights to go solid when that
>> call is picked up.  My question is about the BLF for the phone that
>> placed the call.  Is the BLF supposed to light up when the handset is
>> picked up and a dial tone is heard?  Right now that is not happening.
>> The BLF lights only seem to operate for phones that are RECEIVING
>> calls and not MAKING them.
>>
> It all depends on the version of Asterisk you are using. In Asterisk
> 1.4, there's an option called "limitonpeers" that will
> make sure that both incoming and outgoing calls are accounted for.
>
> The subscription only checks the peer part of a SIP type=friend. With
> limitonpeers set, Asterisk only uses the peer
> call counter for both incoming and outgoing calls.
>
> In Asterisk 1.6.0 beta, there's an additional setting for setting a busy
> level, allowing for a few more calls while still
> busy - in order to allow call transfers while on the phone.
>
> In Asterisk SVN trunk the user object is removed and the problem doesn't
> exist any more.

I find it amazing how often I find myself stuck on a problem and then
someone else posts a question about it to the list. I am in the same
boat with the OP (although I never thought to test incoming calls until
I read his message). If I call a phone it will show busy, however if I
make a call from that phone it still shows as idle. I've set call-limit
and limitonpeers and restarted asterisk but still no joy. What am I
missing? I'm running 1.4.21.2

Relevant sip.conf:

[lan-soundpointip](!)
type=friend