[asterisk-users] HP server and Meetme applications

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 11 15:53:11 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 02:45:18PM -0400, aymen warfalli wrote:
>    Hi list

Hi.  Please don't thread-jack.

>    I got one HP ProLiant DL380 G5 - Quad-Core Xeon E5440 2.83 with 4
>    gig RAM I install Centos 5.2 64 bit and it is rumming pretty well
>    and I need to use it as voice conferencing application (Meetme)
>    server for high number of users fit to 8 E1 links (240 users ) with
>    echo cancellation using same coding use g711

I would be surprised.

I have a Core2Quad 2.4G machine with one Sangoma quad-T card
(admittedly, with*out* HWEC), that's meetme-ing 72 Zap channels from
Channelbanks into an equivalent number of IAX channels over 100BaseT;
each conference has at least one extra Record() app running full time,
as well as one playback.

This is a production machine, but it takes careful tuning to keep it
production-stable at that load (where my definition of
production-stable is "if the load average breaks 2.0 for more than 5
consecutive half-minutes, I get nervous.").

You *might* get that to work, with HWEC, but I have no experience with
whether MeetMe is going to behave if you want it all to be One Big
Conference -- it will *certainly* depend on which Asterisk release
you're running, and my intuition says "if you have to ask, you're not
the guy to set it up; pay someone".

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.