[asterisk-users] HP server and Meetme applications

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Mon Aug 11 14:07:26 CDT 2008

aymen warfalli wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I got one  *HP* ProLiant *DL380 G5* - *Quad*-*Core* Xeon E5440 2.83
> with 4 gig *RAM*
> I install Centos 5.2 64 bit and it is rumming pretty well and I need
>  to use it as voice
> conferencing application (Meetme) server for high number of users  fit
> to 8 E1 links
> (240 users ) with echo cancellation using same coding use g711
>
> my qustion is this server is this server suitable for 240 users on
> meetme application on the same asterisk  at the same time ?and what is
> the dimensions of one conference room should I biuld ?
> and finally if i can go for more users at same server ?
>

> AyMaN
> ALMONTAHA .ICT

Whatever answer you get, I would approach this project in a SLOW,
METHODICAL manner. i.e put 1 E1 card, get system performance metrics and
user experience
ADD the second card, TEST for voice quality and gather metrics.  And
then TEST some more.
It will Likely work, BUT, I think you are  venturing into an area with
some large potential alligators. But, don't plug everything in Friday
afternoon and expect zero problems Monday morning :)