[asterisk-users] HP server and Meetme applications

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 16:47:51 CDT 2008

On 8/11/08, aymen warfalli <awerflli at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  I got one  HP ProLiant DL380 G5 - Quad-Core Xeon E5440 2.83 with 4 gig RAM
>  I install Centos 5.2 64 bit and it is rumming pretty well and I need  to
> use it as voice
>  conferencing application (Meetme) server for high number of users  fit to 8
> E1 links
>  (240 users ) with echo cancellation using same coding use g711
>
>  my qustion is this server is this server suitable for 240 users on meetme
> application on the same asterisk  at the same time ? and what is the
> dimensions of one conference room should I biuld ?
>  and finally if i can go for more users at same server ?

I have set up a system with 180 users in meetme rooms on a single
server (4 x dual core Xeons) using a Sangoma a108D(8 port T1/E1 card
with hardware EC with 8 x T1s connected) and the machine was running
at high load but it was usable with good audio. Not sure what adding
another 60 channels to that would do in terms of load or audio
quality.

What is the exact application you are trying to build? What capacity
does the meetme room need to have in total?

I have actually built distributed meetme applications where you have
multiple servers that you can connect meetme rooms on one server to
another and have essentially unlimited capacity in a single functional
conference room as long as you have the hardware for it.

<Shameless plug>
I am going to be talking about this very subject at Astricon next
month, along with 2 other presentations I'm giving there, if you
happen to be going.
</Shameless plug>

MATT---