[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset S685IP Review

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Apr 30 05:42:19 CDT 2008

Quoting Marco <blackspiraldancer at email.it>:

>    * The firmware and ALL of the pre-recorded messages are in german. I
>      had some customers a little scared about this!

I have German units too (of the S675IP), but it's easy to switch the
menu language to English. If the pre-recorded messages are still in
German (and I believe they are), then I don't think anyone has
noticed, since I let Asterisk do my voicemail for me. However, if you
want to use the unit's integrated answering machine -- in English -- I
would think that would just be a question of finding and installing a
UK firmware version... unless maybe the pre-recorded messages are
separate files.

Cheers,

Jaap

PS -- I opted for the German versions because they cost significantly less.