[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset S685IP Review

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 07:09:25 CDT 2008

Jaap Winius wrote:
<snip /> However, if you
> want to use the unit's integrated answering machine -- in English -- I
> would think that would just be a question of finding and installing a
> UK firmware version... unless maybe the pre-recorded messages are
> separate files.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jaap

I recall reading somewhere that there are "codes" you can enter to
change things like this. It might have been on one of the Gigaset
forums, but I can't remember.

As an aside, I noticed while scanning the back of the manual, that the
software, or some if it at least, is LGPL and you can download the source.

I've added a link on my blog:
http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/04/30/siemens-gigaset-uses-lgpl/

Also, for those who struggled with the vcard import, here's a link:
http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/04/30/s685ip-and-the-vcard-format/

Cheers,

Al

--