[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset S685IP Review

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 04:01:10 CDT 2008

Marco wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> yeah, latest Siemens DECT phones with VoIP support are quite the new
> Chuck Norris of cordless phones. Personally I use the C470IP on a
> business context and a C475IP at home (for the integrated answering
> machine). The audio quality is amazing, and the extra services are
> definitely a plus.
> I just found 2 big cons:
>
>     * The transfer/hold modes is quite a pain, and it takes many
>       keypress to activate, which doesn't make them suitable for all people
>     * The firmware and ALL of the pre-recorded messages are in german. I
>       had some customers a little scared about this!
>
> What do you think?
> Bye
>
> Marco

Hi Marco,

As I've only had them a few days and so haven't used all the features
yet. Call transfer is one that I do need to do but, I guess it's the
same with most things, once you get into a "routine" I don't think that
2 or 3 keypresses will seem a chore.

As for the language, the phones I bought are for the UK market and
everything is English. I have heard of Australians, who seem to have to
buy from the UK or Europe getting German or Dutch versions before but it
wasn't a problem here. These are UK market units.

Ciao

Al

--
The way out is open!