[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset S685IP Review

Marco blackspiraldancer at email.it
Wed Apr 30 03:33:12 CDT 2008

Hi Alan,
yeah, latest Siemens DECT phones with VoIP support are quite the new
Chuck Norris of cordless phones. Personally I use the C470IP on a
business context and a C475IP at home (for the integrated answering
machine). The audio quality is amazing, and the extra services are
definitely a plus.
I just found 2 big cons:

    * The transfer/hold modes is quite a pain, and it takes many
      keypress to activate, which doesn't make them suitable for all people
    * The firmware and ALL of the pre-recorded messages are in german. I
      had some customers a little scared about this!

What do you think?
Bye

Marco