[asterisk-users] PRI CallerID - leading zero added

Christian Gansberger c.gansberger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:13:47 CDT 2008

Hello List!

We have problems setting the right caller id on outgoing calls. The
Asterisk Pbx is located
in Bucarest(Romania), our Telco provider is rcs-rds.ro. We have the
local telefon number
40787 00-99, associated to our PRI E1 Line. Where 00-99 are the DID
numbers available.
The telco is aspecting a 3 digit long Callerid from us, for example
like "710", for the extension 10.
Therefore the caller id is set up like 7+double digit extension number.

We set the caller id in asterisk to the 3 digits as they told us, but
somehow a leading zero is added to
the callerid on my side. Callerid received by the Telco is then "0710"
and the Callerid on outgoing calls
is ignored by the Telco and set to default 4078700.
Below a listing of my settings and dialplan of my asterisk pbx. The E1 line is
correctly set up - the Telco told us, so framing, signaltype and so on
should be right.

The attachment is the output of "pri debug span 1" from Asterisk-CLI,
making a call from extension
66 to an Austrian number.

- We cannot determine where the leading zero is added to the caller ID.
- Is there another way to debug this? Not from asterisk-CLI.

Our settup is the following,

Asterisk 1.2.19, zaptel 1.2.18
Digium TE120P T1/E1 card

-> zaptel.conf:

loadzone=nl
defaultzone=nl
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4,yellow
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

-> zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
language=en
context=isdn-incoming-e1
switchtype=euroisdn
;internationalprefix =
;nationalprefix =
;localprefix =
overlapdial=yes
signalling=pri_cpe
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
channel => 1-15,17-31

-> asterisk extensions.conf macro for dialout over TE120P:

[macro-dialout-isdn]
;arg1=calleridnum (in our case doubledigit extension number), arg2=number dialed
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=7${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,Dial(ZAP/g1/${ARG2})
exten => s,4,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS}|1)

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => NOANSWER)
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Hangup
exten => s-BUSY,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => BUSY)
exten => s-BUSY,2,Busy
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => CHANUNAVAIL)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,Hangup
exten => s-CHANCEL,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => CHANCEL)
exten => s-CHANCEL,2,Hangup
exten => s-CONGESTION,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => CONGESTION)
exten => s-CONGESTION,2,Hangup
exten => s-ANSWER,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => ANSWER)
exten => s-ANSWER,2,Hangup
exten => s-HANGUP,1,Noop( !!! Isdngruppe g1 => HANGUP)
exten => s-HANGUP,2,Hangup

When i make a call from extension 10 the macro is called with that:
exten => _0.,1,Macro(dialout-isdn,10,${EXTEN:1})

Christian Gansberger