[asterisk-users] Annoying Sipura problem?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Apr 29 05:30:53 CDT 2008

This may not be the right place to ask, but I have an annoying issue with
a Sipura/SPA1000-2.0.10(e) ATA device connected to an Asterisk box. (The
system is remote to me, so I've only been able to observe this by dialling
into a VoIP phone on-site, then run commands on the box remotely!)

First of all it's all working fine connected to an Asterisk box and the
user can make/take calls via an analogue phone connected to the device
through the SIP/IAX/Zap lines connected to the asterisk box.

However - everytime the asterisk box does a 'sip reload' the Sipura
'blips' the phone within about 5-15 seconds of the reload. They've tried 3
different phones, but they all give a bleep or tinkle, so I guess the
Sipura is pulsing the line whenever the asterisk box reloads the sip
configuration.

The Sipura appears to be at the latest and greatest firmware (according to
my colleague at the far-end), but I've not had any first-hand experience
of these boxes.

It also appears to "blip" the phone seemingly randomly too - eg. in the
middle of the night which isn't useful... (We could cope if it was jsut
when we made configuration changes, but not seemingly at random - which
I'm guessing is the SIP registration period timing out)

Anyone seen anything like this before? I've had a look at a tshark dump on
the line, but I'm not convinced there's actually anything wrong with it -
maybe there's some setting wrong or not set in the sipura's config?

Any clues welcome!

Cheers,

Gordon