[asterisk-users] Polycom 320 working in direct mode, characters dialing and timeout

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 03:25:49 CDT 2008

Hi List;

If I used Polycom IP Phone model 320 in direct mode
(peer to peer) without need to to register, then I am
facing the following two issues need to fix them if
any one can help:

1) It takes characters when I dial (as it deal with
the dialing number as URL), so how can I let the
dialing to be only numbers?

2) I should press on DIAL button to send the call, so
how can I let the call go based on the timeout (after
specific time of stop dialing any digits, then call
will be sent)?

Note: if the phone wil register, then above problems
are not existed. And actually I need Polycom in my
senario not to register.

Any advise?
Regards
Bilal