[asterisk-users] PRI hangup certain outgoing calls

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Apr 28 09:55:51 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Arthur <pylinuxian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can dial out to other numbers without issue.
> >
> > Calling the number from a separate PSTN phone works fine.
>

> I have had such problem last week. from PRI interface (i get busy tone as
> fast as i finish typing last digit & hit dial) from analog interface I can
> make the call without problem.
> my provider never could solve it (well so far) & I myself never could
> understand what it could be.
>  is this a special number (call center or something) ? because mine is a
> call center number ... so maybe they had a wrong setup on thier servers or
> something.

Curious, are you sending a toll free as your callerID?  If so, try
sending your BTN or some other regular toll number.

I had a similar problem dialing a specific number (Gateway) when
sending a toll free callerID, GXing said it was because other telcos
are unsure how to bill the call so they send back busy.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro