[asterisk-users] PRI hangup certain outgoing calls

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Apr 28 09:27:56 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Alastair Battrick <al at aj8.org> wrote:
> Steve Totaro wrote:
>  > On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Alastair Battrick <al at aj8.org> wrote:
>  >> I have a problem calling a certain number from our PRI line. Calling the
>  >>  number from a separate PSTN phone works fine.
>  >>
>  >>  The remote number seems to have some funny call redivert setup, when you
>  >>  call it, it answers immediately, makes some kind of beep and then starts
>  >>  to ring.
>  >>
>  >>  Our PRI is in the UK from Telewest/NTL/Virgin Media and most outgoing
>  >>  calls work without a problem. The server is trixbox based with a Digium
>  >>  TE410P PRI interface. Trixbox 2.6, Asterisk 1.4.18-3, FreeBPX 2.4.
>  >>
>  >

> > Is this Trixbox/FreePBX?  What version of Asterisk?
>
>  Yes, Trixbox 2.6, Asterisk 1.4.18-3, FreeBPX 2.4.
>

>  > This is the section to focus on.  Sorry I cannot be of much help.  Can
>  > you dial other numbers, it is just an issue with one in particular?
>

> I can dial out to other numbers without issue. I don't think it is to do
>  with the bug that you quoted as I do not need to reboot the server to
>  start making calls to other numbers once this busy message has been
>  experienced.
>  --
>

> Alastair Battrick

It's worth a shot, you should be running the latest 1.4.x code anyways
right?  Bugs can manifest themselves in different ways, or possibly
the poster did not explain the issue accurately.  I think the bug fits
your problem more than any other explanation.

If not, call your telco immediately to report the issue and also keep
looking on your side.  Burn the candle from both ends.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro