[asterisk-users] zaptel 1.4.10 regression with TE220B on Proliant DL380 G5 ?

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Apr 16 13:18:47 CDT 2008

Ex Vito wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
>>  One thing you can also do is pass the "nosoftlockup" kernel parameter
>>  into the kernel from the bootloader.  That should disable the softlockup
>>  detector.
>>

>   Tested with no 4K stack kernel and stackcleanup svn branch
>   zaptel version.
>
>   Correct, the kernel no longer "complains" about the soft hangup.

>   However the system still hangs (console inoperative, etc) while
>   ztcfg'ing...

That is normal while the firmware is loading.  It should go away after
the firmware has loaded.

>   Can you answer my previous questions ?
>
>   - If going live would you recommend zaptel 1.4.9.2 or 1.4.10 ?

I recommend 1.4.10 by default.  However, from what you said it would
appear that you are having problems with 1.4.10 so you might stay with
1.4.10 if you are not having any issues with it.

>   - Does the current behaviour from 1.4.10 prevent firmware
>     uploading ?

No.  There is nothing that is happening that prevents firmware uploading.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer