[asterisk-users] zaptel 1.4.10 regression with TE220B on Proliant DL380 G5 ?

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 08:20:57 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
> Ex Vito wrote:
> >
> >  Tested with no 4K stack kernel and stackcleanup svn branch
> >  zaptel version. Correct, the kernel no longer "complains" about
> >  the soft hangup.
> >
> >  However the system still hangs (console inoperative, etc) while
> >  ztcfg'ing...
> >

>  That is normal while the firmware is loading.  It should go away after the
>  firmware has loaded.

  Ok. So here is our reasoning according to collected info. Please
  correct us where appropriate:

  1. The system is supposed to hang while the firmware loads into
      the DSPs under any zaptel version
  2. zaptel 1.4.10 leads to a soft hangup detected, zaptel 1.4.9.2
     does not (assuming softhangup detection active in kernel)
  3. zaptel 1.4.10 takes much longer ztcfg'ing than 1.4.9.2, that's
      why the soft hangup is detected under zaptel 1.4.10
      (difficult to time, but let's say 1.4.10 takes 10s, 1.4.9.2
       takes 3s)

  Now, back to the original question:

  - Should this be considered a regression ?
  - Next steps:
    a) file a bug and move this analysis to the bug tracker
    b) don't file bug and move analysis to the dev list
    c) don't file bug, keep on working on the users list

>  I recommend 1.4.10 by default.  However, from what you said it would appear
>  that you are having problems with 1.4.10 so you might stay with 1.4.10 if
>  you are not having any issues with it.

  Did you mean this instead ?

  "...so you might stay with 1.4.9.2 if you are not having any issues with it."

  We think so. Again, thanks for clarifying.

  Cheers,
--
  exvito