[asterisk-users] zaptel 1.4.10 regression with TE220B on Proliant DL380 G5 ?

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:12:49 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:

>  One thing you can also do is pass the "nosoftlockup" kernel parameter
>  into the kernel from the bootloader.  That should disable the softlockup
>  detector.

  Tested with no 4K stack kernel and stackcleanup svn branch
  zaptel version.

  Correct, the kernel no longer "complains" about the soft hangup.

  However the system still hangs (console inoperative, etc) while
  ztcfg'ing...

  Can you answer my previous questions ?

  - If going live would you recommend zaptel 1.4.9.2 or 1.4.10 ?
  - Does the current behaviour from 1.4.10 prevent firmware
    uploading ? (or, stated differently: can you explain what is
    happening that makes the system hang for a few seconds ?)

  Thanks,
--
  exvito