[asterisk-users] zaptel 1.4.10 regression with TE220B on Proliant DL380 G5 ?

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Apr 16 10:20:12 CDT 2008

Ex Vito wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
>>  The softlockup indicator should be benign.  It gets called when loaded
>>  the firmware for the part since the firmware image is so large and it
>>  takes a long time to load.  However, I might have a fix for you.
>>
>>  Can you try my stack reduction branch at:
>>
>>  https://origsvn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/team/mattf/zaptel-1.4-stackcleanup
>>
>>  If that does not work, please contact me directly and I will work with
>>  you to get a resolution.
>>

>   Matt,
>
>   Thanks for your feedback. We've already tested the following
>   branch as per Shaun's suggestion, without getting a different
>   behaviour (see today's earlier email to the list):
>
>   http://svn.digium.com/view/zaptel/team/mattf/zaptel-1.4-stackcleanup/
>
>   Question:
>
>   - The url you suggest is very similar, are we talking about
>     a different "stackcleanup" branch ?
>
>   We are now in the middle of rebuilding a non 4K stack page
>   kernel so as to give it a try with 1.4.10, the branch Shaun
>   suggested, 1.4.9.2 and the branch you mention, if it is in fact
>   different from Shaun's.
>
>   We wait your confirmation and will post non 4K stack kernel
>   results later today.

One thing also I would like to see is your kernel .config file.  Another
thing that would for sure remove that warning is to disable the kernel
softlockup detector which is giving a false lockup warning in this case.
  I belive it's under the "KERNEL HACKING" configuration menu if you are
using menuconfig.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer