[asterisk-users] PSTN gateway alternatives

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Sat Apr 12 08:02:38 CDT 2008

Hi list,

The Linksys SPA-3000 and SPA-3102 are often used as PSTN gateways for
Asterisk. They're cheap and convenient to use. Both have worked fine
for me, except I've never been able them to pass on incoming Caller
IDs. I know about the "PSTN CID For VoIP CID" and "Caller ID Method"
settings and use the most recent firmware versions, but it makes no
difference. Perhaps this Linksys functionality just doesn't work in
the Netherlands, where I live.

Can anyone suggest an alternative to these devices, particularly
something that is known to be more reliable at passing on incoming CIDs?

Thanks,

Jaap