[asterisk-users] X100M never goes on-hook state

Marlon Dutra mfdutra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:06:50 CDT 2008

Hello,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> It's possible the 'line relay' on that card is not a physical relay,
> but electronic, and that its sensitive to too much loop current -- and
> the DSL filter drops the current far enough for that 'relay' not to
> pull in spuriously.

Yes, I was suspecting it was something like that. I bought a 33-ohm
resistor (1/2 watt) and it fixed the problem. Both modules are working
properly now.

According to the Ohm's law, the loop's overall resistence was 188.46
ohms, once I was measuring 4.9V and 26mA in the circuit. By adding 33
ohms, it went to 221.46 ohms, bringing the current down to 22 mA.

> Telecom guy Mike Sandman has a paper on loop current on his website:

Excellent article and telephony stuff. Bookmarked!

Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day.

--
MARLON DUTRA
Propus