[asterisk-users] ATA for Fax with BroadVoice?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Sat Apr 12 10:43:26 CDT 2008

	I've got Asterisk 1.4 running on my LAN, with a BroadVoice account over
my cablemodem. I've got an HP fax/printer/scanner. What's the cheapest
ATA I can use to most reliably send and receive faxes from the HP as a
fax machine? Should I config the ATA to fax directly to BroadVoice, or
will I have more reliability sending it through some app on my local
Asterisk, and then from Asterisk to BroadVoice (and then to the PSTN) -
and maybe for receiving faxes, too? Or maybe I can use the HP as a
printer/scanner over USB to the Asterisk box, without an ATA, and use
some Asterisk SW (or other Linux app) to send/receive the fax images via
BroadVoice. Or maybe there's some other Internet fax gateway I can use
either my fax/ATA or Asterisk, so I can use my cablemodem for this fax
send/receive work.
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein