[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk really good??

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Apr 10 22:05:10 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 05:49:26PM -0400, Al Baker wrote:
> Please share more about this.
>
> What/How are you "clustering" the boxes ?
>
> Is this all VOIP  or TDMF front and VOIP for agents in back ?
>
> What kind of Boxes ?   What O/S
>
> What tools are you using to monitor this big-azz mother ?

What, Matt?  You haven't already talked about this here?  :-)

My new job is Matt Florell's old job, where VICIdial got started.

I haven't counted the boxes lately, but I think there are 14 with quad-T
cards in them, separate boxes for MySQL and Apache.

Our architecture is FXS T-1 channel banks for the agent phones, usually
1 + 3 IXC spans per box, though we turned up a box a couple weeks ago
with 3 channel banks, and no spans.

All TDM; the only VoIP is the IAX trunks hauling load-balance calls
around.

And just the usual VICIdial tools, mostly, though I'm fixin to deploy
either Big Sister or Nagios.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.