[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk really good??

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 19:43:44 CDT 2008

On 4/10/08, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 05:49:26PM -0400, Al Baker wrote:
>  > Please share more about this.
>  >
>  > What/How are you "clustering" the boxes ?
>  >
>  > Is this all VOIP  or TDMF front and VOIP for agents in back ?
>  >
>  > What kind of Boxes ?   What O/S
>  >
>  > What tools are you using to monitor this big-azz mother ?
>

> What, Matt?  You haven't already talked about this here?  :-)
>
>  My new job is Matt Florell's old job, where VICIdial got started.
>
>  I haven't counted the boxes lately, but I think there are 14 with quad-T
>  cards in them, separate boxes for MySQL and Apache.
>
>  Our architecture is FXS T-1 channel banks for the agent phones, usually
>  1 + 3 IXC spans per box, though we turned up a box a couple weeks ago
>  with 3 channel banks, and no spans.
>
>  All TDM; the only VoIP is the IAX trunks hauling load-balance calls
>  around.
>
>  And just the usual VICIdial tools, mostly, though I'm fixin to deploy
>  either Big Sister or Nagios.

Of course I have talked about it here, 3 years ago:)

I even gave a presentation about it at Astricon in 2005:
http://eflo.net/presentations/Astricon2005_matt_florell_PDF.pdf

It is a bit dated(as are some of the servers there) but it is a good
description of how that system was originally set up.

MATT---