[asterisk-users] setting dtmf mode for a particular peer

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Apr 10 14:22:08 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 13:36 -0500, Brent Davidson wrote:
> One more tidbit I just ran across in the upgrade.txt file, since you
> mention NAT:  In 1.4, you need to set canreinvite=nonat to disable
> re-invites when NAT=yes. This is propably what you want.  The settings
> are now: "yes", "no", "nonat", "update". Please consult
> sip.conf.sample for detailed information.

REINVITEs are a total red herring to this problem.  Please trust me on
that.

> Let us all know how the tests go with the other phone.

OK.  Using an ATA and setting DTMF to INFO on it and the same for it's
sip.conf entry has yielded some interesting results.  I can confirm by
using "sip set debug peer <ata>" that when I press digits, SIP INFO
messages are being sent to Asterisk.  Further, when on a call to
"voipmich" when I press digits I can see on the Asterisk console:

* DTMF-relay event received: <digit>

when I press a digit.  Good so far.

However, even with both:

exten => 18661234567,n,SIPDtmfMode(info)
exten => 18661234567,n,Macro(ringingdial,SIP/${EXTEN}@voipmich)

In the dialplan for a given number and with the entry in sip.conf for
"voipmich":

[voipmich]
type=peer
fromuser=nobody
fromdomain=nodomain
host=tf.voipmich.com
dtmfmode=info

And "sip set debug peer voipmich" enabled, I still don't see SIP INFO
messages when I press digits on my phone.  I do see the above
"DTMF-relay event received" just not the corresponding SIP INFO messages
outgoing to voipmich.  So it seems that Asterisk is still not properly
relaying the inbound DTMF into outbound DTMF.

Ideas?

b.