[asterisk-users] setting dtmf mode for a particular peer

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Thu Apr 10 13:36:48 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 11:13 -0500, Brent Davidson wrote:
>
>> You might also try "canreinvite=no" for both your phone and the sip
>> peer.
>>

> Yeah, there is definitely no re-inviting going on.  Both Asterisk and
> the local handset are in a local network behind NAT with reference to
> the SIP server that requires INFO.
>

>> I think it's normal procedure for Asterisk to drop out of the
>> call path once the call is established between two peers.  The
>> canreinvite directive forces asterisk to remain as an intermediary, and
>> it will probably do the transcoding that way.
>>

> Indeed, this is my understanding as well, but I am definitely not
> getting a bridging of the sipphone and sip provider through a re-invite.
> The NAT would not facilitate it.
>

>> If I'm not mistaken this
>> is also useful for making calls between two system that have no common
>> codecs.
>>

> Right.
>
> I need to use ekiga or one of the ATAs here that I know support rfc2833
> so that I can eliminate this possible need to transcode inband to
> info/rfc2833 in order to narrow down the field.
>
> b.

One more tidbit I just ran across in the upgrade.txt file, since you
mention NAT:  In 1.4, you need to set canreinvite=nonat to disable
re-invites when NAT=yes. This is propably what you want.  The settings
are now: "yes", "no", "nonat", "update". Please consult sip.conf.sample
for detailed information.

Let us all know how the tests go with the other phone.

-Brent