[asterisk-users] dial tree crawler?

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:02:17 CDT 2008

For lack of a better term, I have been tasked with creating a "dial tree
crawler". The reason is that we have a soon to fail Octel system. The major
issue is that there is no way to port the dial tree recordings from the
Octel. So what I envision is creating a script that can somehow dial down
the trees spawning a recorded call for each tree. I realize that it will
take time to cut these down and tidy them up but it will be a lot less work
than recreating thousands of trees for sure.

So I would need to figure out some way to realize what the options are and
dial pass the DTMF to get into the subtree. Anyone out there ever had to do
something similar or have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks.