[asterisk-users] UK POTS - Is there a better card than TDM400P available ?

Matt Brown matt at mbrown.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 06:02:52 CDT 2008

Hi Tzafrir,

> As I can see from that report, a modified version of that patch was
> applied to 1.4:
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/9264#80824
>
> It was reverted right before the release of 1.4.8, as it required more
> testing, and re-applied immediately after it. Hence 1.4.9[.2]
> includes it.

I did download and compile 1.4.9.2 - however CID still gets missed and
I get the dreaded...

[Apr  5 16:21:13] NOTICE[12685]: chan_zap.c:6191 ss_thread: Got event
2 (Ring/Answered)...
[Apr  5 16:21:15] WARNING[12685]: chan_zap.c:6254 ss_thread: CID timed
out waiting for ring. Exiting simple switch

Some calls seem to capture the CID, but a majority get missed.

So hence I reverted back to 1.4.5.1 + patch, which appears to work
fine (no missed CID so far)

>> Distinctive ring is broken :( it reports 0,0,0 for both ring types.
>
> Is it reported anywhere?

I am digging for that now, there does appear to be quite a few bugs
about distinctive ring. I was hoping by moving to Zaptel 1.4.9.2 - to
resolve both issues or at least try to work out the problem from here
and eliminate trying to fix something in an earlier release, in
addition I also downloaded the latest svn but to no avail .

1.4.9.2 also introduced a BATTERTY / NO BATTERY issue for me which
caused the calls to hang up on polarity reversal which is needed for
the CID part i.e cidstart = polarity. I did play with the battthreash
and debounce settings - but looking at other posts this was bad to
change the values as it then caused other issues.

I have been working on this now for a while and tried all sorts of
suggestions, posts, patches - to little avail. I am not a defeatist
and would like to help the project resolve these issues as this does
seem to me to be a problem for many UK people with TDM4XX cards.

I will keep going until I find a solution using the latest codebase.

Matt