[asterisk-users] Advice on best operator phone (with attendant console)

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Fri Apr 4 09:25:16 CDT 2008

Faraz R. Khan wrote:
> One of our clients is using a Grandstream GXP2000 with an attendant
> console. We have used the same phone with past clients successfully
> however this particular operator processes around 200 calls a hours and
> the GXP2000 for sure does not like the quick line shuffling and call
> volume. We get the following problems randomly:
<snip>

Our call volume is no where near 200 call per hour, however we do handle
all of our calls via a switchboard.  We started with a Polycom 601 with
2 sidecars (we have 30 stations) and had problems with Paging and the
sidecar lights to being accurrate.  It appears the 601 didn't have the
horsepower to accept the presense updates (Buddy Watch) when we paged
AND accept a call at the same time.  It would reboot the phone.

We updated to a 650 and haven't had a problem yet.  Moral of the story
is, if you choose Polycom, definitely go with the 650 over the 601.

HTH

Bill